Returning from my summer holidays it looks like I'm going to have to get cracking. So far my "year of completing projects" hasn't exactly been going to plan with a grand total of er.. zero projects finished. Secondly this is about the time of year I begin to focus on my Clash of Kings army for October. After taking Elves to the last three events with mixed results I decided it was time to take something else instead. With the current meta being what it is I have opted for goblins with a few upgrades and upgrades has meant purchases.
manage to go 8 months without buying miniatures which is probably the
longest purchasing embargo I've had in years but the prospect of some
discounted trolls proved too much temptation for me to pass up. I have
bought 6 more trolls, a troll bruiser and a goblin war trombone - all
Mantic. Together with some items from the lead pile these will allow me
to field a goblin army at the Clash of Kings that stands a reasonable
change of doing well (I hope).
getting cracking on with those I decided to try and clear some elves I
had already started off my workbench. This small chap has been a work in
progress for a while and it really is about time he was completed. The
new Mantic elf dragon is made from board game plastic and is an
adaptation of the model they produced for Dungeon Saga. The material
holds a reasonable amount of detail but I ended up painting the body
scales individually as they weren't quite distinct enough to dry-brush
as I would usually do. The rider is metal and is nice and crisp.
model is much larger than the original Mantic elf dragon I painted
recently, here they are together with my GW elf dragon for comparison.
I'm looking forward to a game where I can actually field all three at the same time.
the dragon done I'm not putting the finishing touches to some elf
scouts which are nearly complete and once those are out of the way then
it will be time to get on with those trolls!