Friday 29 January 2016

Race to the finish

It is often good to have something to work towards and I've been thinking of setting myself some hobby objectives for 2016. After last year's record breaking (for me) painted pile I would like to break the 300 barrier once again as I've proved I can do it already. Of course painting more than 300 would be a bonus but we will have to see how things go.

I've stated elsewhere that I don't want to start any new projects this year and I am going to try and stick with that. It is always tempting to get carried away with enthusiasm when something new comes along but I am going to try and work hard to resist it this year.

As a nice balance to the previous point I would like to try and make 2016 the year of completing(*) things. I have had a bit of a rummage through the lead pile and I think that it is entirely possible that I might be able to complete some of my army projects this year if I apply myself. My Elves, Goblins and Orcs all have a dwindling presence in my lead pile and combined check in at fewer than 300 miniatures, looks doable.

Of course past experience tells me that my attention span can be a little short and my mind can wander like a butterfly but I can at least give it a try.

(*) Of course every gamer knows that an army is never actually "complete" or "finished". All you can really do is paint up what you own and wait for the next unit to arrive.

2 comments:

Tristan M said...

Whenever I would get a project "close" to "completed" I would post a "MFP - must finish project" post at the beginning of the year to motivate me to be able to mark it as done by years end. :)

Maccwar said...

Hmm well I think that completing my Elves should be reasonably straightforward so I should tag them as MFP and I'll see how the rest go.

At the beginning of every year I keep saying that this will be the year that I get my Dwarf army into a playable state and every year that doesn't seem to happen. Maybe this year because I didn't mention it I'll get it all painted, who knows.