Sunday, 30 November 2008

A giant leat forward

Over the last few days I've managed to get the giant fully base coated and I've applied some of the new citadel washes over the top. He's looking good and it looks like it won't take much dry-brushing and highlighting to have him finished.

I've decided what to start as my next project - my long neglected dwarf army. I have 2500-3000 points worth but apart from a couple of colour scheme testers they're entirely unpainted. Last night I dug out a few miniatures to get started on, a mix of Black Tree Designs metal miniatures and new citadel plastics. Many moons ago I clipped the slots off most of the BTD dwarves and glued them to pennies for an abortive 28mm HOTT army I was planning. UK Pennies are slightly more than 20mm in diameter so to get things to rank up I have been breaking them back off the pennies, drilling pins to their feet and attaching them to 20mm slottabases. This was not as easy a task as I had thought and I ended up with blood all over the place(*) and a broken drill bit for my troubles. Fortunately blood washes off miniatures if you get there quickly enough.

* From two seperate wounds - I didn't learn my lesson after the first time!


Anonymous said...

Maybe one day I'll have painted Chaos Dwarves to give you a game with...

I will update my blog. I will I will I will.


Maccwar said...

You might manage one of those two but I'm not sure about both. :P