Thursday 5 October 2017

Dead Fast part 2

End of Day 2 (8 days remaining)
So far things are more or less going to plan. Managing to complete the base coating on the survivors on day 1 meant that I could apply a wash of Army Painter Dark Tone Ink straight after breakfast and leave it to dry.

After work I started work on the highlights. At this stage I am mostly re-applying the same colour as the base coat, building it up in thin layers to get a gradual shaded effect. I will then move on to mixing some brighter colours to pick out the extreme highlights and edges. These are still a long way from done.



I've been working on the walkers in parallel and these are now at a broadly similar stage to the survivors above. These will probably end up being done to a slightly lesser standard than the survivors unless I have more time than expected. After base coating I applied a wash of Army Painter Strong Tone Ink as I want these to look dirtier than the survivors. I will be doing the blood effects in two stages - here I have just applied Khorne Red over the base coat prior to washing. This gives a nice look for dried blood. Later on I will be applying Blood For the Blood God over the top in some places to give the effect of fresh blood.



So far things are more or less going according to plan. I got a little less done than I had hoped as I had to take a break part way through last night's painting session when my back started to get a little sore. I'm no longer used to being hunched up over my workbench for so long. Experience tells me that taking a break when that happens is a better course of action than ploughing on and paying for it later.

I have reinforcements coming in the mail any day now so I really need to push to get these completed so I can push on to the next batch. At some point I really need to take some time to read the rules and get in some practice games as well. I have 8 days - surely that's plenty of time!

No comments: