Monday, 17 December 2012


The last of the Drakons have now had their eyes dotted and their bases flocked thanks to a weekend largely free of movement problems. I'm quite pleased by these as I have managed to improve on my previous attempts. I have painted the highlights better and I have managed to hide the mould lines on the Drakons' bellies (which I failed to remove properly ... again!) using some vertical brush strokes. These also give a nice impression of texture too - an idea I stole from Golem's paint jobs on the ones they did for Mantic.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPad App

The only problem I have now is that I'm tempted to go back and do the same on the other Drakons too, however I still pave plenty of minis needing thier first layer of paint so I will have to resist for now.

Here's how they all look together:-

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPad App

And if you look carefully you can see a scenery project I've started in the background.

Tuesday, 4 December 2012

The big one

Here's a not so little project that has been consuming my time recently - a Citadel Realm of Battle game board, all eight sections of it. I used the citadel scenery painting pack (which contains lots of paint but not enough flock or PVA) along with a tube each of white and black artists acrylic.

I got the final sections of flock on it in my lunch break yesterday and then emptied a can of purity seal on to them last night in the garage.

 Uploaded from the Photobucket iPad App

Hopefully all that effort was worth it and I will have some good games on these board over the coming years. If all goes to plan then they will be christened tonight in a 1250 KoW game against Daniel.