Saturday 6 December 2008

Stand up and be counted

I've finished the giant! I'd been hoping to be able to finish him earlier in the week but my PNKD was too bad for me to hold a paintbrush. Fortunately this afternoon things were different so now he's done.


Giant

I counted him as 10 miniatures on my purchases list so that's 10 miniatures done in one swell foop.

28mm
Miniatures Bought: 44
(1 giant [counts as 10 28mm miniatures]
11 Maidenhead infantry
6 Winged women
5 light centaurs
6 Sabre tooth cat riders [counts as 2 each])
Miniatures Painted: 82
(21 Savage Orcs
20 Black Orcs
1 Goblin Boss
29 Nemesis Goblins
1 Orc Boss
1 giant [counts as 10 28mm miniatures])
Miniatures Sold: 42 (all unpainted)

15mm
Stands Bought: 0
Stands Painted: 34
(23 Night Goblins
11 Wood Elves)

Stands Sold: 12 (all unpainted)

The pledge is going well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicely done.

That's a point. What were the number of models things counted as? 10 for a tank, 2 for a cavalry, 5 for a chariot (2 crew, 2 beasts, 1 chariot chassis). Was there a consensus on 15mm and 6mm infantry?

Maccwar said...

I've been keeping my 15mm and 28mm totals separate, I did think of coming up with some complicated formula but I realised that I would just end up trying to break it.

I counted the giant as 10 models as I thought the effort and time involved would be about the same as 10 rank and file - at the end od the day I bought and painted him in the same year so it doesn't really matter. Pick something you think you can justify and stick with it.

Anonymous said...

On top of trying to break the formula with pre-paints and with 3-colour Tau, I'm also having issues with the painting I was doing earlier in the year. Messing around with basing and painting techniques so much is making me want to go back and work on some of the stuff I had finished and varnished earlier in the year...

Maccwar said...

One thing that dragged me down is that I spent a lot of time in the first three months of the year finishing off stuff from 2007 and tarting up some older stuff to take with me to the Merseyside Meltdown. Buy less and paint more is the way to go.

I'll be digging some stuff out soon for some games of WHFB which will need tarting up and basing - all time I could be spending on painting up models which will count.