Sunday 13 September 2009

Temptation awaits

Things were going so well with the pledge, too well, and then Games Workshop released Space Hulk. Darn. Unable to resist the lure of the shiny new edition shelled out for my very own copy of Space Hulk. Only afterwards did it dawn on me that the game contained miniatures and this was going to throw a major spanner into the pledge.

When my box arrived and I prised it open I was really impressed at the quality of the contents the sculpts are probably the best plastics GW have ever produced.

Yesterday I took advantage of the lovely sunny weather to get everything glued and primed and today I made a start on the painting. So far things are going well. The Genestealers are pretty easy to paint if you stick to the colour scheme the studio used in the artwork. As for the Marines, I'm pretty used to painting Blood Angels by now. I already have the armour done right up to the highlights on about 8 of the terminators, what's likely to slow me down is the huge amount of decoration they seem to be carrying. I'm still pretty positive that I'll be able to turn this major dent in the pledge into a pile of painted miniatures. Here's hoping.

I've made some progress on my 40k army too. I've turned a load of half painted Veterans into a load of fully painted veterans. Not sure what to do on the scoring front for these.

2 comments:

Sigmar said...

Hi Jezz,

"When my box arrived and I prised it open I was really impressed at the quality of the contents the sculpts are probably the best plastics GW have ever produced."

That's exactly what my friend said to me. I was reading about Space Hulk in the latest White Dwarf and I think I'll have to dive in too.

I have plans for the GeneStealers which might mean me painting them red ! Possible Lobstrosities for my Nautican army :D

Can I persuade you to join our small warhammer community ? We're always on the look out for keen bloggers.

If you're interested:-
Warhammer Fantasy forum

I like you blog, I'll be back,
Sigmar
my Fantasy Battle blog

Anonymous said...

I'm still not tempted. I've a first edition, no interest in SMs, and no interest in BAs in particular, 50 Purestrain models already, too many other boardgames, and a work colleague with a copy on his desk looking to play it out of hours...

I'd like to get hold of the Broodlord, but not the rest.