Wednesday 2 January 2013

2012 - Pass, Fail or Epic Fail?

So how did I do with the pledge in 2012? Surely not buying a miniature for the first half of 2012 must have helped?

Well it turns out it was a bit of a mixed bag. I managed to paint up a stack of stuff, some of which had been in the painting queue for ten years or so. The bad news can be summed up in a single word - Kickstarter! Oh dear. And not only has Kickstarter scuppered 2012, it has also doomed 2013 as well.

So without prolonging the agony further, by my reckoning I painted the equivalent of about 118 miniatures in 2012 ... but I bought the equivalent of 144. Aaarg! Fail.

Without the dreadball kickstarter that would have been 118 vs 93 which would have been much better. Even worse 2013 will see 70+ minis arrive from the Sedition Wars Battle for Alabaster KS and another cart load from the Kings of War KS (with more to come from elsewhere). Add to that the Mantic sale which caught me in a weak moment and I have a real mountain to climb in 2013.



I shall not despair! I think it is time to take stock and set some priorities for the coming year.

No comments: