Thursday 12 October 2017

Dead Fast part 5

End of Day 9 (2 days remaining)
The ongoing progress of time is merciless. It was always going to be a tough ask to get everything I wanted painted up for the events so I have had to switch focus on to getting what need painted up instead. In practical terms this means I won't get the last 5 survivors done so I have to hope I can put together a decent enough gang from the ones I have done.

The good news is that I finished painting the batch of 7 survivors that I had started work on.


 And the walkers too.


So this just leaves me with the task of learning the game and getting the miniatures based. As you can see from the shots above I have made a start on the basing. I am planning on doing something a little different from my usual grey gravel urban basing. I am hoping to key the bases in with my urban boards and match the colours and styles on there. Below are the first two tests of my new scheme. In the photo the look a bit rubbish but in real life with less magnification and without the start lighting they look okay to me. Before I set off on Friday I need to find time to roll this out to the remaining 23 miniatures


And that might have been easy ... but I still need to learn the game, play the game and pick my forces for Saturday and Sunday. Eeep, I'm not out of the woods yet.

And before I go I would like to do a little shout out to the Talking All Out War folks.  Your podcasts kept me going last night when I began to flag, nice work chaps.

No comments: